Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Master Chef local - Bhindi - Mushroom biryani in 8 steps

Come Christmas season and time at hand, I decided to give my culinary skills a refresh. Inspiration was lying on the kitchen shelf in the form of raw washed okra and I thought though me and kids may well favour non vegetarian dishes, why not try something that my veggie better half would equally savour. So here goes.

Step 1 - Round up some chopped ginger and garlic, onion, okra and mushroom


Step 2 - Heat a saucepan, add about 2 tablespoon oil and start with the ginger and garlic


Step 3 - Add in the onions and keep stirring...


Step 4 - In go the veggies - okra and mushroom


Step 5 - Keep going on a low burn, you can see a nice brown tinge come along, add salt to taste


Step 6 - nearly done there, ready for rice to go in


Step 7 - Add in microwave cooked basmati rice (I gave this 12 minutes with about 120 g rice and 450 ml water)


Step 8 - Its ready to serve! Stir some some raita to go with and enjoy!


NB: This is hardly a food blog - but as goes with the title anything goes with a creative license!

No comments: